Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Only Truth Remains by ALIENATE YOU

Only Truth Remains | ALIENATE YOU
1. Strife
2. Elephant Skin
3. Place of Suffering
4. Alienate You
5. Follow
ALIENATE YOU IS A METALLIC HARDCORE BAND FROM SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI AND THEY ARE HERE TO KARATE CHOP YOU IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH THEIR MUSIC.

So I've seen these guys play live quite a few times, and each time they get the crowd moving so much you'd think they're a touring band from bridge 9. They played 2nd when Backpack (Backtrack) came through and the moshe was strong with this band. Plus these guys just ooze confidence on stage so that's something. These guys are going to go somewhere. 
Okay so as my friend Kasey remarked upon the band during our discussion of them, that's the most megadeath sounding guitar ever. Run times are too long for hardcore, but just about right for that metallic hardcore sound that they are. Wonderful production, progressive songwriting, and the musical talent of these guys makes this release the kind that may just top my top releases of the year list. Now to be honest, I didn't exactly like it when I first heard it. "These guys know what they are doing and they're really good at what they do but I dunno, I can't get into them." Well that was about a week ago and after not being able to get the god damn riffs from "Strife" out of my head, I've listened to this release a shit ton. Cool thing about Strife: Them guest vocals. Even though it's a really fucking long song((for me)), it's really cool and moshetastic.
Travis's vocals are something that on their own. They're like old fashioned hardcore vocals but with that metallic spin on it and even though they give me that angry feeling of listen to hardcore music, whenever he does his "woah ho ho" stuff I just wanna smile and high five him. 
Great release check it out, blah blah blah, all that stuff. This really is a really good release, and if you ever see a show with these guys on the ticket, go to it. 
Superficial remarks: Love Ethan's guitar. Travis is just entertaining to watch live, and they're all really nice guys (to me at least). Vocals are all awesome and get stuck in your head and after hearing "Place of Suffering" once I was able to sing along live. I like the way their bandcamp looks. 

Favorite track: Strife (but damn these are all good)


(can this even be counted as a review)

No comments:

Post a Comment