Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wolves by Messengers

Wolves | Messengers
1. Wolves
2. Chapter One: Release
3. Chapter Two: Recover
4. Judgement
5. Unworthy
6. Children (Featuring Marina Chiarletto)
7. Kings & Queens

Spirit filled melodic hardcore/metalcore-esq band Messengers from the 417's first release, Wolves gave me more than I was expecting. I'm not exactly one for Christian-core, but even with the lyrics, I really love Wolves. First off, production is done amazingly, the kind of production you see in mainstream bands with big production value.  Local studio Chi Rho studios is to thank for that. Next, instrumentation and song writing is great, songs flow together, and I didn't find much repetition. 

Don't even get me started on the vocals.
The vocal talent for the vocalist (Juan) amazed me. I knew he was good, but the lows and hi's this guy has are sick. The best part is he uses his lows intermittently, sticking to his hi fry-esq vocals most of the time, so when he does throw in those deep, cathartic lows, it's amazing. I don't think I can describe it well enough, so check this release out. Especially "Judgement."

As for the rest of the instrumentation, it's mixed quite well, so nothing stands out overly. Everyone is really talented at their instruments, and I dig the drums. The featuring of the female vocals kinda chilled out the ending to the release, but on a whole it's really angry, even for a "Spirit filled" release. To wrap it up, check out "Judgement". The breakdown is something I want to see live. Also, got to meet some of these guys at a local show, and they were some seriously nice dudes. 

Favorite track: Judgement


No comments:

Post a Comment