Tuesday, January 13, 2015

unsolved by StandStill

unsolved|standstill
1. Catching Up
2. Newburgh Loves You
3. Cristae
4. Belle
5. Cosmonaut
6. Vices
7. Garden Level Apartment
8. Six Figures Getting Sick
9. Reprise

This is a release that i've had in my drafts since I made this website, and I keep hating whatever I write so I never get it published. 

But I must try. 

Standstill's 2012 release, Unsolved, is a nine track emo-pop/rock release that never ceases to catch my ear. Slow, catchy tunes keep throughout the track, and the sound is something like Quarrels and Cutters. Production value is high, and as far as songwriting ability goes, Standstill doesn't have much of a problem in that area of expertise. Each song seems well planned out and well written. Vocals include main vocalist and second vocals, all essentially clean, pop-esque singing. Mixing is well done, and this is a release you can just put on and walk away, and still fully enjoy. Guitars play what is almost rock guitar, and the only thing that really makes this an emo release is the vocals and overall feeling. This is a release however, that you'd hear on the radio or something of the such. 

Anyway this is a new (and first) segment of my reviews that I'm going to start doing called: 
ADRIAN TRIES TO REVIEW THE DRUMS BUT DOESN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CRASH AND A RIDE

okay so drums r good good job on those drum boi


So yeah that's it. Check this release out, it's really good and something you should have in your music collection

Favorite track: Cosmonaut

No comments:

Post a Comment