Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lost Boys Demo by Piece of Mind

Lost Boys Demo by Piece Of Mind
1. P.O.M
2. Youth Brigade
3. Stand Together
4. Myself
5. The Truth


Piece of Mind released their demo, Lost Boys, today, and I found it (once again) through a local promoter's Facebook Page. Anyway, the first thing I noticed about this band was that the songs are short. Like, almost powerviolence short but they aren't powerviolence so I don't know, but I dig the whole short song thing: say what you need to say and then get lost. The demo starts off with this kicking bass line that reminds me of some kind of Ceremony thingy and then the rest of the release is high energy. Even for being low run time songs, the tempo's of these songs aren't exactly high, more mid-range: something you can two step to. Vocals are angry and hard to understand, and drumming (Surf rock beat in "Myself") is what stands out to me most of all in this entire release, even though guitar is the most heavy in the mix. Something you can get into, but not really an angry hardcore release. More youth-crew-esq, but maybe that's just me.

Favorite Song: Myself

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment