Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hello, I'm Glad You Exist by Southlakes

Hello, I'm Glad You Exist | Southlakes
1. Hello, I'm Glad you exist
2. Georgé Amoré
3. No Snowing throwballs
4. Leonardo Dicaprisun

Get your tears ready boyz, we've got another emo release to listen to. Hello I'm Glad You Exist is a four song release from the uk by emo band Southlakes
"You're still outside, 
crying your eyes out, saying 
"we're back at the start""
I won't go through a track by track detailed description of everything, but I'm going to mention that almost through the entire release, all vocals are harmonized/done as gang vocals. I actually really like this, it adds another layer to the entire thing. Drum wise, I spent quite a bit of time just listening to the accents thrown in randomly. Cool drumming going on there. This is a good emo release, but it's kinda stock. Most emo these days is just that, sadly. Anyway, if you're looking for a new emo/really sad band, this is a good one to listen to. Personally, it's not my favorite and I'm not wowed by it but as I said it's something to check out.

Favorite track: No Snowing Throwballs (cool tremolo parts)

bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment