Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sheol by Sabertooth

Sheol|Sabertooth
1. Dimensions
2. Gluttony
3. Necro
4. Trumpet
5. Spiders
6. Bones
7. Sheol
8. Brother

Hey qt's, do you like music that sounds like it came straight from hell? Well search no farther, I present to you Sheol by Sabertooth. I got to play with these guys a while ago and I've never been so scared for my hearing. So loud. Sabertooth plays some of the darkest chaotic hardcore I've ever heard. While a lot of music on Sheol is just noisy noise sounding, over the screeching vocals, the musical abilities of these guys is obvious. A more slow, tuned down stop/start kind of hardcore, this is the kind of band you hate mosh to. 
"I know I'm a lack of a better man."
Vocal wise, the vocals are harsh and raspy. Perfectly complimentary to the music. Don't show your mom. They make me want to vomit, but in a really good way, if that makes sense. 
Bass wise, as this is a band with only three instruments, you can for sure hear the bass. It's so sludgy and distorted though, it's crazy. I remember that live it sounded like the bassist was playing through blown speakers covered in lasagna. I know this sounds horrible but god damn, it fits. 
Guitar wise, when it isn't doing feedback, it's hard hitting and heavy. Nothing stood out to me too much, but it would sound weird with a different guitarist. 
The last song is long and spacey, but ties up the 8 song release perfectly. I can't wait to hear more from these guys. 
Overall, reading this review probably makes Sabertooth sound bad, but I've been listening to these guys since I bought their tape, and I love their sound so much. Check them out. A must listen to for any chaotic hardcore/devilcore-esq music lover. 

Favorite track: "Dimensions"

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment